Friday, September 11, 2009

How Collin Embarrasses Himself Without My Help

Got out of the shower today to discover that he put my discarded PJ's to good use: practicing dressing himself. Pay no mind to the facts that he was already dressed, that underpants go beneath clothing and should be gender-specific and clean, or that he is wearing gigantic clothing. No, instead pay attention to the fact that he is dressing himself, something I cannot for the life of me get him to do under normal circumstances.


Upon finding it eerily quiet in the playroom while I stirred pasta sauce that refused to defrost after sixteen hours on the stove, (okay ten minutes), I checked on my kid. This is what I found: the fact that his fingers have finally achieved the dexterity required to peel stickers off the sheet all by himself. This is an important skill for him. He was very proud. Oh yeah, it was hot that day, in case you hadn't guessed it from the pants-free zone.


Collin wants to bet you that he can put his feet in his mouth. He's pretty sure that you don't believe he can. He's also pretty sure that a french fry, specifically the one in his mouth, tastes distinctly better than his freaky-weird toenail feet. He has impeccable table manners, no? And his Mommy's good teeth. Okay, so this last picture isn't him being embarrassing, weird or gross, it's just him being cute. Isn't my boy cute? I think so. Look how excited he is to play with play-doh. I'd have been that excited to play with it when I was a kid too. We didn't have play-doh at our house and I still get a kick out of it when we play with the squishy stuff at my grown up house. It's fun! Maybe my glee rubs off on him.

No comments: