Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bad Day/Good Day/297 Pictures to Prove it

Nope, I won't put up 297 pictures. Why? Not because I don't think there's no one out there who wouldn't be interested in all 297 distinctly different expressions that my adorable son makes; but because I'm too lazy to upload that many. I should note that Daddy also takes a lot of these pictures. I'm not the only crazy one.

I should start by saying that we had a horrible time at our first baseball game. Silly us thought that Collin would love going to a baseball game as much as his parents. Oh how we were wrong. He was totally adorable though.

But, we got to our seats and he thought, hey this is a great place to be the most obnoxious kid on the planet because I'm really, really, really bored. No amount of explanation of the game, how excited he SHOULD be or amount of food stuffs could ply him into sitting or even standing in his designated spot. And boy did we try. This is baseball for crying out loud!!! Baseball!!! He ended up ingesting an entire hot dog, a goodly portion of Mommy's pretzel and some ice cream.

This got us nearly four innings. The people next to us probably wish we would've left before the first of the eighty-seven ceremonial "first" pitches. Don't get me started on how many "firsts" of something you can have. I mean honestly.

But, all was recovered the next day when we went back to Disneyland. Coincidentally, we parked directly behind our friends, the Roaches. Seriously, what are the odds of pulling in next to someone you know? So we got to spend the day with friends. It made for a fun day. Don't tell Gracie that we caught Collin putting the moves on another cute blonde. He tried to hold Paige's hand. He was a little stunned to be caught, can you tell? Paige has the whole, "I'm ignoring you and playing hard to get" thing down, doesn't she? My boy is a playa.

How do boys bond AND annoy other people around them in line? ROAR at the top of their lungs for a good five minutes straight. Oh, and get right up in one another's face to do it. I think the hands on the sides of the head thing, which they both seemed to spontaneously know to do might be some sort of mane.

For a change, he wasn't alone with his mama on the teacups. I think he was pretty pleased about this. Nope, still no room for the vomit-maker which we call Daddy.

Three kids, all day at Disney land...how long does it take to get a picture where they are all looking at the camera and making a semi-reasonable face? Yep, it's dark; so all day. Oh, and know where we are? The parking garage, on the way back to the car. My favorite, and this is not personal bias, is Collin's, "I'm drunk on Mickey face."

1 comment:

Annie Pennington said...

I remember awhile back you were wondering who Collin looks like...in the fourth picture of him sneaking a little hand holding, I think he TOTALLY looks like YOU! But the others he's all Bryon! :) Collin is ADORABLE!!!