Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Evil Disneyland-Hating Penelope

Of course she'd be back. I knew she would. She comes by about once a month. No, I don't mean Granny! I mean Penelope! I should've guessed it would be when Granny and Granddad came for a visit to take the little lad to Disneyland.

Did it seem to phase my son one teeny little bit? No. (Yep, you knew that shot would have to be here Granny. We love you).

Did he seem to mind that I was incapacitated in bed for the duration of their visit? No.

Did he even care that I didn't go to Disneyland with them. No.

Did he cry every stinking morning that he didn't want me anymore, that he only wanted Granny for three days after they left? Yes. In fact, his exact words may have been, "Need to live at Granny's house now! Don't want you anymore, Mommy!" Love, true love.


Ahhh, the love of a child. Why do we do this job again? Oh yes, unconditional love. I remember.

In other news, Collin got library books this week. This one is entitled, "My Two Grannies." How apropos. Oh, and I'm strongly considering taking him on a Mommy-and-Collin Disneyland trip tomorrow :)

1 comment:

Annie Pennington said...

Oh my gosh...that last picture of him reading the book - SOOOO CUTE! And the one of him attacking Granny with a empty paper towel tube HILARIOUS! Gosh I was laughing so hard! Collin is just freakin' adorable!!