Friday, August 13, 2010

The Friday Super Post

This is Collin. In his right is his Peter Pan sword from such life moments as Halloween 2009. He's pretty much carried it nonstop since then. It's been glued, chewed and everything in-between. He insists that he needs it at all times. I've managed to convince him that he does not need to sleep with it, that in fact, there is no fighting to be done in his sleep. In his left hand, is half a light saber, for the attacks of Darth Vader or Rancors that pop up when Captain Hook leaves the room. You'd be surprised how often they both attack at the same time. For anyone who wants to lend me the rulebook on how to get a boy not to be interested in weaponry, I'd like it.


This is Collin as well. Have you met him? He's pretty awesome. This is not evidence of his possession by demons which sometimes I'm convinced of when he doesn't get a nap. I just wanted to show you that I'm getting better at using the camera and that I do sometimes try to experiment with the shutter speed and that I guess it's not something I should do in the playroom where there isn't a light...at all. Wow. Crazy.

Bryon's got something in his pocket and it doesn't belong across is face. He keeps it very close at hand in a most important place. Anyone remember that song? If you were a Girl Scout? Well, he was super proud of it because it's the first vegetable we grew in the back yard. It is a cucumber. Or a zucchini. I can never remember the difference between them. Isn't that stupid? There, take that down as one of those, "25 things you never knew about me." No matter how many times you tell me; you can put the two in front of me and I won't be able to tell them apart. I think it looks awfully bulbous, myself but who am I to judge? Maybe he should get it checked out.

Back to the cuter of the men in the house: this is the boy again. He got his current issue of "Highlights" magazine. Don't bother him for at least an hour. Oh wait, he can't read. Insert Mommy into the equation, make her drop everything to make her read every syllable to him, every page, explain every picture, make her help solve every maze, problem and riddle, no matter what time of day we get the mail, even if she hasn't brushed her teeth yet, prompting him to say; "I smell something yucky." I think the face makes it worth the insult. Know what though? Usually the following day he gets his, "National Geographic Kids," and we do it all over again. Man he loves those magazines. It's worse than Mommy with her Us Weekly.


Okay...so hold on now....rapid subject change. Like there was a coherent subject anyway; but, we had Asian noodle salad for dinner this week. Collin saw Bryon using chopsticks and he was pretty sure he could handle it.


I'm sure you can imagine where this disaster lead. I am not going to lie, I took at least twenty pictures of this fiasco. It was too hilarious not to.

Like the time he ate anything they handed him on the tractor, he was so amused by eating with chopsticks, he literally cleaned his plate.

I suggested to Bryon that I just start feeding him in new and inventive ways every day, like with shovels or buckets, or maybe with other odd implements and he'll be so intrigued he'll eat whatever I put in front of him.

Of course, it was a disaster. The dog had to lick the floor for much longer than usual to clean this disaster up. And, in celebration of our new neighbors, whom I call, "the stalkers" Collin has broken into a rendition of "Singin' in the Rain" sans rain, just puddle edition.

They are actually pretty nice but their kids kind of stalk the sidewalk and when you go outside they shout to you, "where are you going?," then if and when you answer, they will shout, "when are you going to be back?" and if you dare to answer that, they will ask you, "well, what is in your purse?" or, "what's in your bag?" or, "are you going to buy anything?" They will ask you anything just to keep talking. It's really quite impressive, and dare I say, rude?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thanks for the great update. The pictures of Collin eating with chop sticks.....those made me laugh. You caught him Mid-Air with singing in the rain.....