Monday, August 30, 2010

Birthday Fun

Daddy took lots of pictures of Collin having a blast at Bobby and Hugh's birthday party this weekend. My head just wouldn't have it for me to stay too long. I was pretty bummed.

I love the look on Collin's face at the top of the bouncy castle slide, as if he's never been up there before. It cracks me up. Meanwhile, I saw him scaling it from every angle possible and had to counsel him on not scaling it in reverse while other children were coming down as it was perhaps, a teensy bit dangerous. Feet plus heads equals black eye.



Ahhh, that's the King of the Mountain Collin that I know. The bouncy castle was actually a water slide but it was so cold that they just left the pool empty so it was a slightly harder landing than anticipated but the kids didn't care. Does Collin look like he minds? Dude, I don't think I'd go down the slide. I think the landing would be a little rough. But, that's just me, with my old bones. Let the kids hit the ground with nothing between them but a piece of rubber.

My favorite pictures of the day though are of him and Gracie off in the playhouse together just quietly doing whatever it is they do when they are getting along. They have grown into little siblings. One minute they are fine and the next he's made her cry because he looked at her cross-eyed or she's taken the purple car and he wishes more than anything he had a purple car like hers, oh Mommy why don't you love me as much as Kari loves Gracie. But when they are at peace, it's so sweet. I just wonder what little giggle she was having.

Bryon did a good job with these pictures. They both look so cute. I'm glad I didn't see it if they fought two seconds later!
Who knows, maybe they both wanted whatever that blue thing is! What a wonderful thing pictures are. I've decided they look cute and happy together, so they are.

No comments: