Saturday, June 5, 2010

Things Collin Does When He's Better

There's a basketball "court" across the street from our house. I call it a "court" because, thanks to living in earthquake-central, otherwise known as California, it's cracked all the way across the middle and looks like it might be part of the fault line because half of it is three inches taller than the other half. I'm not sure how much real basketball a person could play there. I think that this is actually a good thing, because it'd be pretty annoying to hear all that dribbling all the time. Have I mentioned my aversion to annoying noises? I digress. Collin loves the basketball court.

After nap on Thursday was the first time since the surgery that I let him outside for playtime. It was also the first time he didn't wake up in hysterics and the first day he didn't spend at least half of it complaining of excessive pain, thus not drugged up. I think he had a good time.

Considering we only went twenty yards from our house and we played on a concrete slab with a single ball for all of forty minutes before he was totally exhausted, I think it was a success. It never ceases to amaze me how much fun a three year old can make out of such little accoutrement. Seriously. Concrete slab, encased by fencing and grass. We spent ten minutes watching an ant. Are you hanging on the edge of your seat to know what happened to Mr. Ant? He was.


Friday was a thrill a minute too. I sound like I'm being sarcastic (and I am, just a little), but I truly love this time with my little man. Is there anything more special than being with your best little buddy, watching him be happy? We made banana cake. Daddy insists that it is banana bread. Mommy keeps calling it pumpkin cake because she is insane and can't keep anything in her head straight and because three year olds are very persnickety, and it drives Collin up the wall when she says it incorrectly. What fun can Mommy have if she can't amuse herself by annoying Collin sometimes?

Know what Daddy's doing? Sleeping. Lazy fool. Know why? Remember how I mentioned I was feeling poorly when Collin got his tonsils out? Turns out I had the flu. The flu morphed into bronchitis which is oh so much fun. Well, Daddy is such a copycat.

No comments: