Saturday, June 5, 2010

Just a Reminder

That we live here.

At the beach.

Yeah. It's this nice. Mommy needs to learn that it makes more sense to just take off her sundress cover up than to lift it up because, you know what? Waves are unpredictable. Holding it up? Stupid. It got wet. That's what the bathing suit is for. Duh. Of course that made it wet and cold for when I was ready for something dry and warm later. Grrr. Ocean water is not warm. Not at all. And no, you don't get used to it. Ever. Ever. Ever.

It was about 70 this morning. Not too hot. Not too cold. Juuuuuust riiiiight, for learning how to "jump" over waves.

Want to know what this random picture is for? An unpredictable wave knocked Mommy on her kiester. She was excessively careful with the camera. You might say she was insanely careful with it. Still, when the mean wave knocked her down (darn those oceanic currents) a teensy-weensy splash got on the camera and she freaked out. She has a bad track record with cameras and the ocean. Thus this is the test shot later after she let it rest for hours and hours and hours before turning it on again. Thankfully, even if it didn't work, we bought a protection plan for this camera. Phew. P.S. I'm pretty sure I'm reminding myself of this wonderful living arrangement too so that once we move somewhere sucky, I can either feel better at having lived here or feel terribly depressed at having been forced to move. One or the other.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Collin has his smile back !!

Rachel said...

I love that you have a picture commentary on your blog... makes me wish I'd take more pictures! Glad your little man is feeling better!

And thanks for the comment on my blog... ironically I have and iPhone with like a million alarms set, still I forget!