Friday, February 19, 2010

Send Donations

This is Collin's telethon face. This mug is so pathetic, it reminds me of the kind of face you see taped to the side of a coffee can at the convenience store begging for coins with a paragraph on the side about how this kid needs a spleen and six new hearts to make it to his ninth birthday and how his story will be featured on the next Easter Seals Telethon. Needless to say, he's sick. Well, whatever that means. He woke up every hour on the hour last night and cried relentlessly, yet refused to tell us what was wrong. Repeat said description of the previous night during the day. It's been a wonderful day.

What better way to spend the peaceful moments than engaging in a torturous idea that I've been brewing? Can you guess what it is? He doesn't look the least bit nervous, does he?


Yeah, it didn't go all that well. Although I do think that it doesn't look awful. I think it's rather even at least. My goals were simple: presentable, still longish, and that he be able to see. I think I accomplished that. If it was relatively even, I was even more satisfied.

He doesn't know he looks kind of stupid. The "after" shots are awful, I know. He refused to sit even remotely still while I was taking them and I figure there's plenty of time in the next few days to see the haircut in all it's glory. You get the gist.
Oh, and a brief moment of sleep that he blessed me with today, I broke out my new angel-winged feet (new shoes came--hooray!) today. Check them out, and my freakish camera angle that makes my legs look weird. They are "resting" here after their little joyful run and the rest of the raggedy running that the boy has been having me do for him all day. "I'm thirsty," "I want crackers (that I won't eat but instead, push around a bowl for three hours,), "I'm tired, hold me," "I'm hot," "I'm cold," "Get me my monkey." Grrrr. They test our love when they don't feel good, don't they? Oh but it's all worth it because he asked me to rock him today for about thirty minutes, actually rock him in the big ol' Lazy-Boy. Nothing beats snuggling with your baby boy when he's actually a big boy, and rocking with him like he's still the little bundle you brought home from the hospital, even if his hot breath on your neck smells like barf. I could've done it all day.

No comments: