Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Maybe Daddy Should Try Harder to Be Home for Dinner

Gramps, I think you'd have liked our dinner tonight. Mostly because I emptied a bottle of curry powder into the pot. Dinner was fan-freaking-tastic if I do say so myself. It also required naked from the waist up-ed-ness from the boy, as I didn't want to risk staining his uniform shirt. Sure, it's navy blue, but still; we all know what curry powder does to clothes. It ain't pretty folks.

He didn't mind. Can you tell? He also did not mind the Hot Madras Curry powder either. Yummy. Thank goodness it wasn't too spicy because when we ran out of regular curry powder, had to use a good amount of that in a pinch. Yep, we the McClains, the curry capital of San Pedro, ran out of curry powder.

The lil man has taken on a fair number of responsibilities as well. One of them is "setting" the table. He's so darn cute doing it that I've been meaning to take some pictures of him at work. There's nothing like him setting the table for ninety when it's just the two of us. He gets so into the task that he just doesn't want to stop. If only he were actually capable of real work, I could really use that drive. I love this "please stop thinking I'm cute" face.

He's also pretty convinced that we should eat with our serving platters and bowls every day. He brings them to me every evening and tries to get me to eat out of them. I know he's a big eater, but still, that's a little odd. He's also suggested that we use the china EVERY DAY. Ah, my boy. The other day, we made a pit stop at Tuesday Morning and he took a deep breath after gazing at probably the ugliest cup on a shelf of crap, which is saying a lot for our ghetto Tuesday Morning and then said, "Mommy, can I have this? It could be my China pattern." Seriously. I'm beginning to wonder if it's possible for mother and son to spend too much time together.

2 comments:

Karen Parke said...

Collin already thinking about or even knowing about "china patterns".....that is very unique !!

I'm Erin. said...

It's probably not you. I'd bet it's that Harvard-esque preschool you're sending him to. They likely have snacks on fine china, don't you think?

;)