Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Why Bother with Disneyland?

For my birthday, Bryon was home. That should be present enough, right? We thought it would be fun to actually spend the evening at Disneyland, instead of heading home towards dinnertime, for a change. In all the time we've lived here, and all the times we've been, we've only stayed for fireworks once. I know, we are like Disney novices.

So, we decided to hang out for a while and then check into a really nice suite just down the road that Bryon booked for us, have some dinner, and then go back. Thanks to all the travel that he did last year, he has so many hotel points racked up, it didn't cost us anything. I suppose having a busy husband has its perks.

Our son was so impressed with the hotel, that we couldn't pry him away from it to get him back to DISNEYLAND. Seriously. Disneyland couldn't compete with the manager's happy hour that came with free popcorn and apple juice (all he could eat!) and a pool.



Monkey approved of the place. And, he got to sleep on a magic bed (aka a pull out couch in the living room portion of the suite), so he was enthralled.


So, I'm thinking that next time I want to wow the boy, I'll just check into a Day's Inn. Unfortunately, as we were checking out, he opened the door to the room right across his foot and sliced his toe open. I'm kind of hard on him when he gets hurt, so I hugged him and told him to walk it off, at first but it didn't take long to realize that it really, really hurt. The poor boy had quite a cut there and he really cried. I felt awful for him. He sobbed all the way down the elevator and all the way through the lobby and even in the car on the way back to Disneyland.

I think he might have been equal parts injured and heartsick over leaving the hotel.

No comments: