Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Kiss My A

Hey, Dr. Let's just call you "x" to protect your dignity, remember when you said that I would never make it? Remember when you said I would never survive the semester, let alone get a thesis done next semester? Remember when you flat out told me to quit? Remember that conversation? I do. I remember it vividly because I thought you were perhaps the worst student advisor in the history of the world and you made me cry. It was also the moment that you made me realize that this was actually what I wanted because you tried to take it away. Thanks for being terrible. I wouldn't have known what I truly wanted without you.

As for how I did this semester, I simply must tell you: Suck it.



Let me get back to work on my prospectus now because it is due shortly and I have more proving you wrong to do. And not just proving you wrong, but really, really wrong. Never underestimate me again.

Just had to put it out there. After this semester of unexpected surgery, a kid at the hospital, a stolen wallet and countless other bad days, I deserved to crow a little over a hard earned 4.0.

1 comment:

I'm Erin. said...

All your hard work paid off! Congrats!