Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chasing the White Rabbit

We went to the "dinosaur museum" again yesterday. This is otherwise known as the "Natural History Museum." Adjacent to the Natural History Museum is the "green button museum;" or, the "California Science Center." I'm thinking that Collin is a little young for the Science Center since the application of the green buttons is a little beyond his grasp a this point but boy holly he sure does like pushing them. Thank goodness it's free. Suggested donation my foot.

Anyway, there is a rose garden connecting these two very lovely, very free activities that my son enjoys oh so much. You know what else my son enjoys? Schizophrenia. Namely, the delusion that the White Rabbit is pretty much everywhere these days. Throw in an actual rose garden and crap, he's bound to be bounding all over the place, in hot pursuit of than damnable Red Queen. This sends my boy in circles chasing the invisible fuzzy thing and turning him into Collin the sweat-ball.
I think I should start playing Jefferson Airplane on full blast in the car all the time and see if he ever notices.
But, since Daddy was home on the long weekend, it was cool to have Mommy in so many pictures for a change.
Despite the tradition of having so many pictures of Collin refusing to cooperate despite the lovely backdrop of a freaking rose garden. Thus, I look like a kidnapper or like I'm taking pictures with a stranger who resembles me in a strange manner.
Still, despite is non-cooperation, I think all pictures of him are adorable and worth saving and I didn't shove his face in the dirt, not even once. And, he still got ice cream on the way home.

1 comment:

Jayne said...

Lovely photos, looks like it was a fab day :)