Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Graduate

So, we have officially "graduated" from our first Kindergarten reading box. I am so proud of the little guy. This book was the final book in the box. He read it once while we were in Michigan, and I have to say, he wasn't quite ready for it when we tried it, but he still did swimmingly. I think that he was so dazzled by all the splendor that is Detroit (note sarcasm) that he forgot he even read it in the first place, anyway. That was over a week ago and it was time to try again.

His second go at it this week was amazing. He's trucking along so quickly though the lessons that I think we'll be through the kindergarten level before school starts, which is my unofficial goal. But, since the words and sounds are getting a little harder now, we'll probably slow down. Either way, I'm so stinking proud of him, I can hardly stand it. It makes my heart pitter patter when he points out words he knows on signs and in books and to hear him try to sound out words he doesn't. He's my little reader now!

Anyway, Daddy this is for you.

And, Grandpa and Nana Debby, we'll get those Detroit pictures sorted and up soon. I promise. We have been too busy enjoying being back in the land of soda and sliding glass doors (versus pop and door walls).


No comments: