Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Greatest Man that Ever Lived is....

One of Collin's favorite Weezer songs is "The Greatest Man that Ever Lived."




Don't ask me why the most popular video version has always been a mashup with skiing. I don't think skiing is the greatest thing that ever was. It's kid of a cult-ish song of theirs though. Don't get me started on "El Scorcho," which he also loves.

Seriously.

He is captive to Mommy's music taste. My car, my music, right? I'm not listening to kid crap. Anyway, he requests certain songs and has started singing along, which I heart.

Today, I asked him who he thinks the greatest man that ever lived was and I was hoping for a cute answer like, gee, I don't know, Daddy.

He said, "me, of course, Mommy. You tell me enough!"

I guess that's cute enough.

My concern: that his raging self-confidence will lead to the conversation I overhead the other day at school.

Stoner loser talking to his friend: Dude, it's not like he should have been all up in my business. I mean, my GPA is not even below 2.5! It's like he thinks I'm a bad student.

Stoner loser's friend: Yeah, it's like he thinks you don't study or something!

My friends, that is a pair of individuals who's mothers have imbued them with too much self-confidence. They are, in fact, not the greatest men who have ever lived.

No comments: