Friday, February 18, 2011

Appendix Next?

I'm fairly certain that I have the world's best husband.



The card read:

For Rachel. Happy Valentine's Day...And a little extra to replace your gall bladder. You are truly amazing and I love you so much.

See, he HATES these key pendants. I love them. I've been folding the pages over in the catalogues for a while now and then leaving them on the table for a few days before migrating them to the recycle bin because I hate clutter. What a guy.

I also didn't expect a present, so I bought myself one. I was feeling pretty darn low. I was alone. I was mutilated. I was sad. I was hurting. What makes me feel better?



Yes. Of course. You knew I'd go there, right? And don't adjust your monitor, the leather is just that pebbly and gorgeous. For those of you counting, that's four pairs of Frye's now. Yep, it's an addiction. I don't care. They make me, my feet, my soul and my heart happy. Bryon, on the other hand, fully expected me to buy something and thought nothing of it. See, best husband ever. He knew full well that I would do this and STILL bought me a present anyway. Awwww.

Now see, I did feel slightly guilty about the abundance that we can't really afford until the vomit hose that is my son speweth forth at the emergency room on Sunday night and it all started over. And then, when I got it on Thursday, all guilt was erased. Oh, and then when he threw up on Kari's chair on Thursday too, I felt even worse so guilt, all gone. The amount of vomit that I've had to endure sans husband, ick.

I can't wait to see what bounty I bring in when my appendix bursts next week. That's next, right? And we only need one kidney too, right? That's bound to happen too. I'm pretty much on tap for any major health emergency at this point. And I'm afraid to let the dog out of the house or my child go to school. I literally kept him home all week. Worst run of bad luck, ever.

Now, if only I can catch up on the weeks behind I am in this whole "can do grad school alone" thing that I decided to take on. Ack.

No comments: