Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Holidays are Over When...

You put away the tree and you remember that at the bottom of the ornament box are Eddie's antlers. He loves them. He loves them so much that you have to chase him to take the annual torture picture.  


And, when the boy goes back to school and you have the following types of conversations (like this one that we had on the way home today): 

Collin: Mommy, I've never been here (pointing out the window)
Mommy: Collin, we drive home on this road EVERY day. 
Collin: But I've never been inside any of these houses. Can I go in them someday. 
Mommy: Probably not. We don't know those people. You don't go in strangers houses. 
Collin: But strangers are all good. 
Mommy: (thinking where am I going wrong?) Ummm, no. No, they aren't. 
Collin: But we let strangers in our house. 
Mommy: No we don't. 
Collin: But what about trees. Trees go in houses. I saw one go in a house once. 
Mommy: What? 
Collin: It moved. It got up and moved. 
Mommy: What? 
Collin: The tree was so big that it went into the house and it wasn't a stranger. 
Mommy: I'm done with this conversation
Collin: And then it went to a concert
PAUSE
Collin: Can I go to a concert so I can see a tree dance? 

Thank goodness he's in school. 

No comments: