Saturday, December 11, 2010

In a Week...

In a Week...

My semester will be over:

That means my seminar paper will be written. The one that I have a draft of done but it looks like I was drunk when I wrote it. Maybe I was. I'm so fried, my memory is a little foggy. Anyway, I'm starting over in a few minutes. Anyway, in a week it'll all be over.

Also, in a week. my final in Medieval lit will also be over and my first semester as a full-time grad student will be over. In theory and with luck, I will have two A's and maintain my A average thus far and I will not have killed anyone, including myself. Bryon did a spreadsheet. He showed me it's possible. He's good at spreadsheets. It took him three seconds. It took me the same amount of seconds to determine that I could not figure out that math. This is the reason I'm studying English.

Also in a week I promise to dump all the photos that are clogging the camera with cuteness and allow you to bask in the adorable-ness that is my child. He has seen Santa. He has had some fun with friends. All that "normal" stuff that's been going on. I will update you on stuff. He's had parent-teacher conferences (yes for a pre-school). Among other things.

Also in a week, we will be one week closer to losing Bryon. It's coming. I don't think about it too much or I panic. I will be one week closer to being alone. Without the love of my life. I will be one week closer to having to do this full-time school thing, alone. I will one week closer to having to parent, alone. I will be one week closer to making dinner every night, alone. I will be one week closer to taking the trash out ever single time, alone. I will be one week closer, alone. Does every one getting ready for deployment go through this? I know that a deployment is different because your husbands are in danger and your husbands don't get the option to visit but this feels really, really scary. I'm going to be alone. A lot. No matter how much help we have, no one is your husband and no matter how much he visits, he's not "home." This is going to be a tough year. I didn't mean for that to sound "down" if it did. Anyway, hug your family! Tight!

And, we are one more week closer to Christmas. If you get your cards late this year. I'm sorry. I'm usually on the ball about this. Bryon has tried to help. We have a draft of a letter. No card this year. Forgive us. We're working on it. We've had A LOT on our plates this year. I think Daddy having to suddenly move out is a good excuse, don't you? Maybe you'll get it in January and we can call it a "holiday greeting." We are barely scraping presents for everyone. We were up half the night last night doing that. Almost got everyone done. Phew. If only I could think of something for Bryon. Anyone?

Anyway, this was a long-winded explanation that I promise to put up a Collin-update soon!

1 comment:

I'm Erin. said...

I think your feelings are perfectly normal. It's the little things that overwhelm me leading up to a deployment. Thinking about all the baths I have to give, the not getting to sleep in for 6 months, the lonely weekends when families are together. It's not easy, but it's do-able.
There are a few small benefits. Less laundry, less pressure to come up with a nice dinner. Or any dinner at all. The kid can eat mac-n-cheese, you can have ice cream. ;)
I'm terrible at gift ideas. Are you all set w/ webcams & such?