Saturday, December 25, 2010

Chistmas-O Parto-Uno

Being a military family, it's a given that you are not close to all or some of your family near the holidays. Being in California though has afforded us the chance to be close to Bryon's side of the family for these years and it has given Collin the chance to spend some time near some of his grandparents near the holidays. We still reserve Christmas day for the three of us, but it's been really fun to spend this time with them. Collin got to see his Gramps and Nana last week-end and he was really excited to see that "Christmas" was kicking off. 

He was even more excited to realize that they brought him more GeoTrax train pieces. Mommy admits that it's a cool toy and that Collin loves it. She just hates how much space it takes up. This is what the new pieces look like when it's all set up. Collin freaked out when they took it apart to try a "new layout."  Apparently, my son's OCD tendencies are beginning to emerge with a vengeance.


We are also sharing the holidays with this little guest who found a quite comfortable spot in the playroom while we set up the track. Our friends, the Roaches are visiting family in VA to keep themselves busy while Daddy is deployed and she needed a place to stay. She apparently didn't like the GeoTrax, as the moment it was set up, she peed on them. She has it pretty ruff here (had to do it). She's learned that if she sits, stays, goes to her bed and kennel when I tell her and doesn't bark, she gets a Cheerio, which apparently, she prefers to bits of pepperoni. I know, poor thing. She is ridiculously snuggly and Eddie is jealous. I feel badly for him; so badly, in fact that last night, I allowed my sixty pound dog to sit on the loveseat between Bryon and I. You read that right, not couch, smaller. Don't worry, I don't want another dog. I just wanted to show Jen that she's doing well.

1 comment:

Jen R said...

I think Ginger was just trying to claim the GeoTracks for Austin :-) I am glad that she is listening for you and I hope that is the last time that she does that! She looks like she is fitting in and not causing too much grief